BMW’s new Atacama Adventure Luggage System brings a totally new luggage concept to the Adventure rider community. Intended primarily for use in off-road riding, the Atacama System provides more flexibility when piloting expert level back-country trails, and off the bike too, for instance, when continuing on foot to a remote camping spot. These soft-side bags utilize the same proven carrier frame system as the original BMW aluminum cases, therefore giving GS riders another choice of luggage system to suit their preferred riding needs, while maintaining exceptional durability and functionality without compromising BMW design integrity.
Side Panniers FEATURES and DESIGN
• Beaver Tail – Quickly stash an extra jacket or rain liner, shoes, trash from camp, etc. behind this panel. It also provides even load compression and abrasion/crash protection, and can be peeled back from the bag for easy sewing-machine repairs. On the inside of the beaver tail there is a hidden stash pocket for spare key, paperwork, etc.
• Sewn in side pockets – Designed specifically to hold tools, tubes/tire repair, tire levers, air pump, water filter, snacks; things you need quick access to throughout the day without digging through your pannier. On the larger 35L bag, each pocket fits two 2L fuel bottles or a 2-3L water storage bag. On the smaller 25L pannier, each bag fits one 1L fuel bottle or a water bottle.
• MOLLE Attachments –enables the quick attachment/removal of MOLLE compatible accessories such as hydration bladders, extra storage bags, holders, etc.
• Aluminum D-Rings – Attach additional items with clips.
• Waterproof Inner Liners – These bags are completely separate which allows you to remove them. Maybe you need an extra bag for something you are temporarily carrying, maybe the main bags have become dirty and you don’t want in your tent, etc.
• Model-specific BMW adapters allow riders to keep their hard bags, then use their soft bags on the exact same racks when they’re going on more off-road and dirt-oriented trips. That way they won’t damage their hard bags when riding in very rough terrain.
• Liner on the inside – Keep outside elements away from the most important part of the bags, it also protects the most important part. If a tip over happens, the outer shell, stiffener and beaver tail provide a protective layer for the main waterproof compartment/liner.
• Outer shell – keeps all contents dry and allows all the features and accessory items like the beaver tail, MOLLE, additional pockets etc. to be sewn on the outside shell without compromising the waterproof liner.
• Internal front and rear stiffeners help the bag hold its shape even under a heavy load.
• Outer surfaces made from 22oz PVC material for easy washing, extra water resistance, and abrasion resistance.
• Side panels and roll tops made from 1680 D Ballistic Nylon material.
• High quality extruded aluminum pucks, zinc-coated steel mounting hardware, and powder coated mounting latches.
• Front compression G-hooks and D-rings are made from T6061 aluminum with no moving parts, so they won’t break in a crash.
Payload of Atacama Side Pannier max 22 lbs (max 10 kg), Per side
Speed limit for Atacama Side Pannier max 81 mph (max 130 km/h)
Volume of Atacama Side Panniers:
Approx. 6.6 gal (Approx. 25 l), Small Atacama Side Pannier
Approx. 9.2 gal (Approx. 35 l), Large Atacama Side Pannier
- 0878 8922 9848 (Putra)
- 0815 1015 3089 (Trio)