BMW’s new Atacama Adventure Luggage System brings a totally new luggage concept to the Adventure rider community. Intended primarily for use in off-road riding, the Atacama System provides more flexibility when piloting expert level back-country trails, and off the bike too, for instance, when continuing on foot to a remote camping spot. These soft-side bags utilize the same proven carrier frame system as the original BMW aluminum cases, therefore giving GS riders another choice of luggage system to suit their preferred riding needs, while maintaining exceptional durability and functionality without compromising BMW design integrity.
ADVANTAGES of the Atacama Adventure Luggage
• Wedge and plate mounting system – Unlike traditional soft luggage systems that use straps to mount, these attach solidly to a wedge mounting system made from injection molded glass-filled nylon (designed to withstand severe wear and impact) for one click on/off mounting and removal from bike, just like a hard bag which attaches to the BMW case mountings. The benefits are that these soft bags won’t bounce around in rough terrain like old-school “over the seat” soft bags with strap-based connection systems, and the extremely easy on-and-off mounting application.
• Offset pannier sizes – 25L for the exhaust size and 35L for the non-exhaust side – allows for symmetrical positioning on the bike, while maximizing overall carrying capacity.
• Bag Compression – Soft bags need to have the ability to compress to the load that is packed in them to maintain maximum efficiency when riding loaded. The roll top, vertical and horizontal compression straps on these bags allow for compression at all axis. 4 side compression straps, 1 bottom compression strap, and 1 large top compression strap, plus a roll-top closure, for superior compression/expansion capabilities.
• 100% Waterproof Main Compartments – 22oz vinyl inner liners are radio frequency seam welded for maximum efficiency and 100% waterproof.
• Outer surfaces made from 22oz PVC material for easy washing, extra water resistance, and abrasion resistance.
• Side panels and roll tops made from 1680 D Ballistic Nylon material.
• High quality extruded aluminum pucks, zinc-coated steel mounting hardware, and powder coated mounting latches.
• Front compression G-hooks and D-rings are made from T6061 aluminum with no moving parts, so they won’t break in a crash.
Payload of Atacama Side Pannier max 22 lbs (max 10 kg), Per side
Speed limit for Atacama Side Pannier max 81 mph (max 130 km/h)
Volume of Atacama Side Panniers:
Approx. 6.6 gal (Approx. 25 l), Small Atacama Side Pannier
Approx. 9.2 gal (Approx. 35 l), Large Atacama Side Pannier
- 0878 8922 9848 (Putra)
- 0815 1015 3089 (Trio)